It’s that time of the year when parents earnestly look for a summer programme for children. Needless to mention, you can spot a summer activity for children in every other street in a metro. How then do you choose the best summer class for children?
According to World Economic Forum, 65% of children who enter primary school now are going to take up jobs in their future which doesn’t even exist now. That is, by the time the children of today grow to adulthood, a number of new kinds of jobs will be in place. That is, we, as parents, are to raise children who will be prepared for jobs of the future which we have no clue about today. And if you are aware, the jobs of the future are more about the life skills that are gained than the college degrees earned. A survey conducted by Upwork in 2018 has confirmed this.
Said that, summer programmes which equip children with the skills necessary to solve problems, make decisions, think critically, communicate ideas effectively and work well with teams and groups are a great choice to complement their academic learning. Let me introduce one such brilliant summer course by British Council.
British Council, a reputed international organisation for culture and education needs no introduction. If you are a lover of literature living in Chennai, you could not have missed visiting BCL at the heart of the city to get engrossed in books and a contemporary architecture. Starting next week, British Council offers a unique summer class for children this year.
About British Council’s Summer Programme for Children
- The theme of the course is Creative Minds. Forward Thinkers. The theme focuses on enhancing world knowledge, developing 21st century skills such as critical thinking and problem-solving and improving fluency in English in kids and teenagers.
- The programme is designed to give children a holistic experiential learning experience at a safe and child-friendly place.
- The course will include special features like digital learning, public speaking, creative writing and learning with the use of films in the class.
- Typical activities include inventing, experimenting and presenting new ideas, drama, games, and storytelling. The specially formulated activities and engagement with a variety of media help children gain the life skills naturally.
- Their unique, Young Learner teaching methodology is a task-based focusing on real-life activities where classes are delivered in fun and interactive way.
Why should your child take this course?
- At the end of the summer class, your children will gain skills that are relevant to today’s competitive and challenging environment.
- As their skills take a giant leap, so will their confidence levels. Their creativity will grow and their critical thinking skills will be challenged.
- The series of creative projects they work along with their peers is sure to set an inspiration in them.
- It is a unique opportunity because they will be mentored by specially trained teachers through internationally tested methodologies that improve learning.
Details of the Course
Batch 1 – 22 April to 10 May 2019
Batch 2 – 13 May to 24 May 2019
Course Fee: INR 13,000/-
Time: 7.30 a.m. to 7.30 p.m. (multiple batches available)
Venue: British Council 737 Anna Salai Chennai 600002
Age: 7 to 17 years of age
*Please note: Consolidated time spent in the program will be 30 hours over 3 weeks
Interested parents and students can find more details on 0120 456 9000 / 0120 668 4353 or emailing at IndiaCustomerCare@
An eventful summer is ahead for your children.
Don’t forget to register your child in the British Council summer programme today!
Image Courtesy: British Council, Chennai