September 5th, 2016 is the International Day of Charity.
A day ahead, on the 4th of September, the people of Chennai are coming together to offer whatever they can to the under-privileged.
About #ChennaiGives initiative
#ChennaiGives is a Round Table India and Ladies Circle India Area 2 Initiative in collaboration with UBER and The Hindu and Aircel | Conceptualised by Madras Round Table 1 | #ChennaiGives – An Initiative to drive for a better Chennai that adopts, adapts and improves!
What can you do?
Join this city-wide drive and contribute to the cause and encourage your friends and family to make a donation to help those who are underprivileged to feel the joy we have felt thus far.
What can we donate?
Clothes, Shoes, Bed linen, Hand bags, Books and DVDs, Sporting goods, Board games and Toys, School supplies, Crockery, Cutlery, Utensils
- Please ensure that the donated items are nearly new and in usable condition.
- Kindly clean, pack and label the items for pickup.
How does it work?
1. Bag up all the good items you want to donate.
2. On Sunday, September 4th, open your “UBER” app and slide to the #UberGives icon and request pick up.
3. A Uber vehicle with a ChennaiGives volunteer will arrive to pick up your items and drop off your donation free of charge.
4. New to Uber? Then download the app and swipe to the ChennaiGives icon and book your pick up.
Chennaites, there cannot be a better opportunity for us to help our people.
Pack your offers, get ready for this Sunday!
There’s something more you can do for #ChennaiGives
- If you don’t have materials to offer, you can make a donation. SMS “donate” to 56060 for details.
- Pledge your support at #ChennaiGives Facebook Event Page.
- Well, you can even avail a chance to win exciting hampers at The Hindu Young World.