This post is written for the Indi Happy Hours activity sponsored by ASUS.
The new ASUS All-In-One PC ET2040 comes with Intel Pentium Processor J2900 and Windows 8.1 OS. It has 2GB on board memory and 500GB SATA Hard Drive (5400 RPM). Check the key features and get quick to pre-order your PC at Amazon.
1. It’s Compact: From phones to homes, we want everything compact and space-saving. A 14mm thin case covers the 19.5 inch screen, supported by an adjustable metal stand. It is going to occupy minimal space on your working table.
2. Unique Power Backup: Most all-in-one PCs depend on the main power supply to be able to work with. What makes ET2040 unique is its inbuilt power backup that can last for an hour. During unexpected or sudden power failures, the PC will stay in the working condition, giving the user enough time to save the working files.
3. The Brand New Gesture Control Feature: You wouldn’t have experienced this before! Imagine if you could play a song from your PC or view a slide show of your photos, from a distance without having to touch it. Sounds exciting! It is! With my knowledge, this is the first of its kind I hear something naïve like this. From a five meter, you can control several activities like play songs and videos or play with the photos. Just like how a TV remote works.
4. Fast and Responsive: The high-end Intel Processor and the Super-fast graphics speed up the overall performance so that you don’t have to wait again till your browser opens or for photos to get saved after changes. The response is quick and enables smooth multitasking and switching between screens.
5. Big Enough a Display: The 19.5 inch HD widescreen display comes with a resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels, making it easier for the eyes to focus on the screen. The LED back light provides good brightness and sharp contrast, preventing our eyes from straining.
There are yet more admirable features you would want to check out like high quality audio, the advanced USB 3.0 ports for faster charging of devices and data transfer etc.
ASUS EeeBook X 205 is another exciting product of ASUS that features:
- Intel Atom Processor Z3735F with Quad Core
- Windows 8.1 OS
- 29.4cm (11.6) HD Glare
- Intel Gen 7 Graphics
- 2 GB DDR3 1600
- 32 GB EMMC
Of the two, I will prefer ASUS All-In-One PC ET2040 mainly for the power back up. I live in a city known for frequent power failures. It has happened several times while I work that I get to lose important data or pictures because of unexpected power cuts. Also, a sudden power disconnection leads to electrical errors of the PC many a times. Thus PC ET2040 will be a boon to most people like me who work from home, solely relying on the domestic power supply without generators or power backups.
Also, the new gesture control is another feature I prefer in this model. It sounds interesting and just for the sake of hands-free operation, I would certainly go for PC ET2040.