As a yoga teacher a common question I was always asked in the introduction class from the woman’s side was “Can I reduce my body weight by yoga?”
Losing weight will definitely be in the top 5 topics for the century! How much we hear of painful work-outs, starving diets and expensive pills! Especially when your wedding date is near, when you have to go on a date after a long time, and after your baby is born, how much you yearn to crush those fat toppings! Here are 5 simple rules that probably you didn’t know to lose your weight.
1. Admire the fat in you! The next time you stand in front of the mirror, don’t hate the extra fat in your tummy. They belong to you. And it is not fair to reject them. I’ve noticed few plumpy women in rest rooms and elevators where there are mirrors, they feel so embarrasing to look at their own bodies in front of other people. If you can master the art of loving your tummy, probably you are half there already. Grab all opportunities even a passing window panel, to admire your fat!
2. Admire the fat in others! Now this one must be more surprising than the first. Out of all the girls in my office (including the slim and shapy ones), the most I admire is a fat girl, you know for what – she doesn’t project the thought that she is fat to others. She seems to be so comfortable with her size and weight that you can notice it in her walk, in her eyes and so unmindful of whether others notice her size or not, so unmindful of adjusting her clothes – she really has a charm of being happy with her own body. It requires to be unmindful of others’ size to be the same with you. Let’s truly appreciate others for their persona and not for their fat content.
3. If you can’t stop worrying, you can’t stop adding! Worrying not only about your fat but also about everything in life. I know it is not as easy as written, yet I wanted to reiterate this observation I found in many women around, that depression attracts more fat to the body. Remember to work on your mind before you try all that heavy work-outs.
4. Don’t starve, eat without guilt! It’s not just the food that you take in is responsible for your weight but also the thoughts that you attach with your food. “I should not have butter, I will put on weight”, “I only had a slice of bread, so I will not put on weight”. In either case your emphasis is on ‘put on weight’. So this is the main intent with the food that enters your cells. Don’t attach your ‘weight’ consciousness while you eat. Just close your eyes and enjoy what’s on your plate.
5. Appreciate your womanhood, see beyond your body! Curves are NOT a mark of womanhood, beauty is much beyond! When you send out a message to the universe that you wholly admire yourself, universe responds to you by really making you completely fit and admirable. The next time while you walk in the mall, don’t tuck in your tummy. Be happy to let people know that you love your tummy.
May be all the 5 sounds like ‘how to feel good about your fat’. Make these in practice and you will realize that they have the power to make those extra pounds shed too 🙂